Continue the Christmas Jumper Day fun with a WasteAid Christmas Jumper Swap!
Are you happy to share the Christmas spirit, but not keen to buy yet another Christmas jumper that will only be worn once or twice?
» Join in the WasteAid Christmas jumper swap! «
Last year we organised a national Christmas jumper swap, saving people money and preventing all the needless waste that goes with fast fashion.
This year we’re passing the baton over to you!
Organising a local Christmas jumper swap is easy and popular:
- Find somewhere suitable to host the swap rail – maybe a school, library, town hall or sports centre.
- Donate your old Christmas jumpers (or create some*) and put them on the display rail with a suggested price.
- Find yourself a brand-new-second-hand Christmas jumper, and make a donation to WasteAid via JustGiving.
It really is that simple!
Here are just some of the benefits:
- Save money by not buying something new from the high street
- Reduce waste by giving your old Christmas jumper a new lease of life
- Reduce your carbon footprint by avoiding throw-away fashion
- Help support recycling and decent waste management around the world
- Look great and feel great knowing you are doing your bit for a better future for everyone!
*For ideas on creating your own Christmas jumper, visit Love Your Clothes.
WasteAid shares recycling skills in low-income countries, creating jobs, keeping communities healthier, and keeping plastics out of the ocean.